Thursday 23 January 2014

Um.. I created this blog because...

Hi!

I am Roshni Sridhar. Mass Media student. I thought it sounded funny in my head thinking that , but it sounds funnier saying it out loud. 

So lets get right to it then, shall we? I created this blog as an assignment. A Journalism assignment. And what am I going to post here, you shall ask? Its simple. Weekly assignments given by my professor. So this week it is a review piece for a recent Bollywood film. I haven't started working on it yet, let alone watch the film, or even pick one for that matter. As a student of BMM (Bachelors of Mass Media, i.e.), I solemnly swore in the first year that I would never ever start working on an assignment before hand. EVER. This report is due on Saturday, so I'll start watching the film Friday midnight, fall asleep during the movie, down a few coffees, tape my eyelids open, somehow manage to watch the film, and finally, after all this ordeal, get to know that the due date for submission has been postponed a week. That moment will be so glorious, that I will shove my laptop aside, and sleep the best sleep ever. With snores and all. Then the entire week shall pass, and I will be staring at the film again, because I will have forgotten in all my earlier excitement what the film actually was all about. So this process will be repeated dutifully till the end of the semester and the professor will be forced to grade us for our assignments based on our final exams. HURRAH! 

I am kidding though. I will post stuff weekly. I don't know what stuff. But 'stuff'. So await my awesome review for some film I will pick last minute! 

I don't even know who I am writing for, except for my professor, who will probably give me a horrible grade for this post. But whatever. I just needed to post a sort of intro to this blog. And here it is! 

Happy reading! :)

1 comment:

  1. Made a very nice read...hope you don't actually do what you have said!!!!

    ReplyDelete